vintage Christmas Monday

Sunday, December 13, 2009
http://thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/2009/11/vintage-christmas-monday-blog-party.html





Vintage Tree Trimmings




It is hard to take a good picture when the lights are on but this little angel is from Woolworths.  I work with the elderly and a client in her 90's used to work at the bakery at Woolworths on 5th Avenue in New York.  Wouldn't you love to be able to go back in time to see all the neat Christmas stuff they would have had and for such a good price!  It would also be fun to go to that bakery and have a napoleon or a cream horn.




I like these red ornaments, it seems like they should be called tear drop ornaments because that is how they are shaped but I am only guessing.



 I don't have many ornaments from when I was a kid, just this little elf and the following little snowman globe:



This following is a thrift store find:




This tree topper was a birthday present from my sister, she knows what I like!





This is not a Christmas trimming, just my newest addition to my home and it may not even be vintage but the mother and child reindeer are so cute.  And what a steal at 75 cents for both:




I am in the process of getting my masters and instead of studying for a final last week, I got sucked into a phenomenon:




Goodness gracious, Edward Cullen you may have made me do very poorly on my psychopathology final.  Thanks a lot!  This series makes me remember too vividly what it felt like to be a teenage girl so the experience is bittersweet but the books are very addictive.

Merry Christmas
Sara

3 comments:

Judi said...

Sara what a wonderful sister you have! I like that tree topper too. The jar filled with the "teardrop" ornaments is darling too! Merry Christmas ~ Judi

Postcardy said...

I really miss old dimestores and even the more modern Woolworth's stores.

★Carol★ said...

Oh boy, would I ever love to shop at the old Woolworths! I can just imagine that they would have everything that I collect now, real cheap!
All of your decorations are really pretty, especially that sweet angel on top of your tree. Wish I could see the whole tree!
Those Twilight books are addicting, aren't they? I read all four back to back, and I was surprised at how good they were!
Merry Christmas and Happy VCM!
Carol

Post a Comment