Vintage Christmas

Wednesday, December 2, 2009
I love the holidays!


This is the old sled my brother, sister and I used as kids.  It makes a great
place to display my shiny brites (Goodwill find) and Santa Claus cookie jar (sans lid, flea market find).  I love this vintage roll of celophane I bought this year from our local Catholic charities thrift store. 





Please ignore the ugly wall paper behind this wreath.  Our house is a fixer upper and I have had my fill of removing old 80's wall paper for the time being.  I made this wreath from what else thrift store finds.  A bag of this cute wooden ornaments set me back about $2.00.



This cute little elf in the sleigh belonged to my mother and now sits proudly on my shelf.





I love this vintage plastic log with the candles that light up, another fab thrift store find.




This is a vintage manger with a tiny nativity scene in front of it.  Both are made out of plastic.



I love this vintage stocking.




Pink, my favorite color!  This tree has fabulous ornaments that I bought at an estate sale in Los Angeles.  Everything was very expensive but I stumbled upon a box marked Buchorn angels for $10.00















The little elf hanging onto the plastic gold mailbox is another great thriftstore find.









My Christmas tree collection.  The one on the far left is a music box that plays Silent Night.



These plastic cookie cutters make great ornaments!







It's the law, all vintage collectors must have at least one set of Santa Claus mugs.



That is my first post!

2 comments:

anythinggoeshere said...

Welcome to the Vintage Christmas Monday blog party. Remember to include a link back to my blog with your post on Monday...that way your readers can find the other participants.

I am glad you decided to join us. The first two weeks have been alot of fun! xo Joan

★Carol★ said...

Wow, what a wonderful collection of vintage Christmas goodies! I love everything, especially those elves and the Santa mugs. And that red wall is really great. Looks so warm and cozy!
Happy Vintage Christmas Monday!
Carol
P.S. Welcome to blogland too!

Post a Comment